Charitable Grants Program
In 2007 the Foundation started its Charitable Grants Program to offer financial support to persons and organisations in the Central Queensland region that support the aged, infirm, disabled and needy. To date, over $1.8mill has been given out to various worthy applicants for a wide range of items and services.
Available funding for Grants is determined in the Foundations Annual Budget and applicants can apply in two rounds offered each year, the first closing on March 20th and the second closing September 20th. Applications will then be considered for approval at the Directors meetings in either April or October.
However, Grant Applications for $5000 or less can be considered for approval by the Grants Sub-committee without the need to go to a Directors meeting, and this can be done anytime throughout the year.
To apply, applicants MUST read the Grant Application Guidelines (see below) very carefully to ensure that they are eligible and that all relevant documentation is attached to the application. Once completed, the application is to be emailed to the Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to the Iwasaki Foundation, PO Box 21, Rockhampton. Qld. 4701.
Examples of Charitable Grants Recipients:
- Construction of playground and purchase of equipment for disadvantaged students
- Sensory equipment for sensory room at special school
- Wheelchair ramp for community building
- Construction of community garden for disabled persons
- Sports wheelchairs for disabled sports persons
- White goods for respite facility
- Shade awning for aged care facility
- Construction of sheds, and purchase of tools etc for Mens’ Sheds
- Medical aids for aged care facility
- Special wheelchair and matting to enable disabled persons to access the beach
- Sailing equipment for disabled persons
- Kitchen equipment for Meals on Wheels and funds towards construction of building
- Fit out van for meals service to homeless people
- Specially designed Trishaws for elderly and disabled persons
- Books for libraries and home reading programmes for disadvantaged schools
Online Application for Funding Assistance
The Application Form cannot be filled in and submitted online. It must first be downloaded and saved to your computer, and then once completed it can be emailed or posted with all relevant documents to the Foundation office.
Please read the Charitable Grants Guidelines for applicants before completing this form to ensure eligibility.
All information provided by the applicant will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Important: Please ensure the use of Adobe PDF Reader when completing any forms. The use of any other programs may result in lack on functionality in some fields and loss of completed data. Adobe PDF Reader can be downloaded for free here.